How To Get Google AdSense Code
How To Get Google AdSense Code
To display Google Advertisements on your website you will need to insert Google AdSense code into your content (pages) or into modules displayed on your site. It is easy to do, and there are also modules & plugins designed for Joomla and other types of CMS's that are specifically built for inserting and displaying Google (AdSense Code) ads easily & without breaking the code (see also my notes at the bottom of this page titled "Tips").
To get Google AdSense code you will first need to set up a Google AdSense (publisher) account.
Once you have an account, you can access your publisher account control panel & begin configuring the ads to suit your site. The Google AdSense code is generated from within your publisher account, and this is the code that you'll need to add to your pages in order to display Google ads or a search box on your webpages. As well as displaying ads, this code includes your affiliate ID details so that when someone clicks on a advertisement Google will know it has originated from your website and, and it is used to track your sales.
How to get your Google AdSense code:
Please follow the steps below to generate your own unique AdSense code:
- Log in to your Google AdSense account - if you don't already have one you can get one at http://www.google.com/adsense
- Visit the AdSense Setup tab
- Choose your product - AdSense for content to place ads on your site, AdSense for search to add a search box to your site, etc.
- Follow the guided setup to choose a format and colors. You can also choose any additional options that may apply to
your site, including channels and alternate ads
- Your (unique) code will be generated in the Your ad code window according to your selections.
- Copy-and-paste the code into the source code of the webpages on which you wish to display Google ads or an AdSense for search box. For tips on adding the code to your pages, read the article "How To Add Google AdSense Code To Your Website".
- If implemented correctly, Google ads or a search box will appear immediately. Initially, the ads that appear may be public service ads, for which you will not receive earnings. Once Google's crawlers have visited your webpages, however, targeted ads will begin to appear.
- You should also take care to follow Google's terms & conditions regarding Google AdSense Advertisements. There are strict rules on the placement of Google AdSense ads, such as they must always be allowed to open in the SAME window and must NEVER be used in emails.
You will need to insert the code carefully - simply cutting & pasting HTML other types of codes / scripts into the page can cause problems with templates or simply doesn't work etc, as explained in the article - "How To Add Google AdSense Code To Your Website".
There are a number of applications available to help make the job of inserting and displaying Google Ads and other code or scripts very easy and trouble-free. For a Joomla CMS I can recommend "Insert HTML Editor" plugin by Phoenixbits, which you can find in our BIS Downloads Directory (it's completely FREE, too). This product is actually 2 plugins and is very useful for inserting any type of script or code into a Joomla site, and includes a button for the Tiny MCE editor that makes inserting code a snap even for newbies (......just remember that it may not work in some/all editors, such as the JCE editor, so if you use JCE you'll probably need to swap editors to insert the code - which is also easy if you use an extension such as (Joomla!) "Editor Switcher " plugin by Joomler.net or ND EditorSwitch module by Netdream - both are also FREE, and you can also find them within our BIS Downloads Directory.).
- For WordPress websites there are a number of free plugins you can use - some popular free ones are: Why-Do-Work AdSense plugin, AdSense Daemon plugin, to name just a few. If you can afford to spend about $35 I recommend you consider the OIO Publisher plugin - it's features are fantastic & it's well worth the small investment price, (plus as well as displaying Google Ads, you can also join the OIO marketplace & sell your advertising space directly which you can promote via OIO marketplace....). Free plugins are great, but for some things you are better off buying pro plugins if you can afford it (not only for the support - if your free plugin stops being developed it can be a hassle swapping over all your banners & advertiser accounts, or your downloads, images etc etc).
- NOTE: It is a good idea to keep copies of all your affiliate partner programs terms & conditions, if possible - that way you can quickly & easily refer to them, plus if/when they are updated you will be able to tell which items have been changed, too.......)
What Others On This Site Are Reading:
Latest posts by Karen Banting (see all)
- Free Return Shipping: PayPal Refunded Return Shipping Service - August 18, 2016
- Marketing Methods for Small Business – List - June 27, 2014
- WordPress eStore Plugin – Features and Video - May 10, 2014