Joomla: What is the difference between archiving and trashing an article?
Joomla Tutorial: What is the difference between archiving and trashing an article?
When you have many articles in your Joomla! website, you will probably want to either archive or trash some of them as time goes by in order to keep your site fresh and manageable. You have two options available: Archiving or Trashing.
Archiving Joomla Articles:
When you archive an article, the content is put into a state which removes it from your site as published content. The article will still be available & accessible from within the administration interface and can be retrieved for archival purposes.
Joomla! also comes with a (free) module which you can use to list your archived articles, thereby allowing website visitors to access the archived articles should they wish.
Q: When should articles be archived?
A: You should archive an article if you consider it important, but not current.
Trashing Joomla Articles:
Trashed articles are one step away from being deleted but are still available until you remove (delete) the items from the trash manager within Joomla. Trashed option should be used when you wish to delete the content entirely from your site and from future search results.
- You should use archive if you consider an article important, but not current. when you want to delete the content entirely from your site and fro
- Trashed articles are "invisible" to the public including in any future search results.
- Trashed items can be retrieved if you change your mind later, however once deleted from the trash manager they are permanently deleted.
What Others On This Site Are Reading:
Latest posts by Karen Banting (see all)
- Free Return Shipping: PayPal Refunded Return Shipping Service - August 18, 2016
- Marketing Methods for Small Business – List - June 27, 2014
- WordPress eStore Plugin – Features and Video - May 10, 2014